Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Quaking Grass Paint by Olympic

We just closed on our home nearly a month ago. Our new home is a new construction home with no paint colors on the walls, or none of the little things we never think about when house hunting because you expect them to be there- such as toilet paper holders, towel racks, or even a soap dish. 





Basically our new house is a blank slate for me to do what I want and get in touch with my creative side. So far, I've been unpacking & painting like crazy all the while raising 3 little kids. My goal is to first paint the entire house from top to bottom. I came across some interesting paint colors. Check it out!.....

I chose this color for my formal dining room: Quaking Grass by Olympic. It took me about 2 to 3 days to finish and not even a gallon of paint. I still have plenty left over for another room.....





So, quaking grass by Olympic is a very calming and relaxing color. Not busy or overwhelming. It's soothing! The green is soft and yet it brightens up the room. It kind of makes me feel like I'm going to look out my window and see a beach front. It's so beachy and  islandy (not in any dictionary). I absolutely love it! I love how quaking grass gave my formal dining room a clean and fresh look.
Now, most folks would probably choose a dark paint color for a formal dining room- I've been there, done that. I didn't want my space to look smaller.  I wanted my dining room to be breezy and inviting.
This paint was bought at Lowes. I used the quaking grass color by Olympic, but had them mix it with Valspar 4000 series paint with the eggshell finish.